Sunday, March 27, 2011

First Blog!!

Well this is my first official blog for Running for life!!! I am sooo excited!! I have so many wonderful things to share, and I can't wait to here all about all of your guys wonderful experience to share with me and others as well! Add Image
To start off I would like to tell you a little about myself... I am a Junior at The Ohio State University studying human nutrition. With this said, I have not officially taken the dietary test so anything I refer to is my own personal experience in how I exercise and eat:)
So I first decided to start blogging because I really wanted to meet new people and find people who have the same interests as me. The town I grew up in is very small, and is mostly farm land, so not a lot of people share the same interests as me, so by blogging I felt that I could really connect with other people:)
So I wanted to really dive in and tell you all about myself in this blog so here it goes. I was first introduced to running about 4 years ago, and let me tell you.. I hated it very much. I would dread running, this was until I ran my first 5K. This race changed my life! It was just a small race at my church but it gave me this runners high and this energy that I had never felt before, it was AMAZING! Since then I have been unstoppable, literally! I have really started focusing on speed and time and running the fasts 5K, I love speed and I love when I beat at PR!
Along with running, I am very much in tune with the fuel that my body needs. I know what make me feel good before and after a race or run, and I know the snacks and meals that give me my energy throughout the day. Although it might sound like I am obsessed with eating only certain things, I really do love trying new and exciting foods! My diet however is mainly Mediterranean, which is a mixture of fish, chicken, loads of veggies and fruit, whole grains, nuts, and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)! These types of food make me feel good inside and out and I feel this is the best type of lifestyle to live because its not a diet, it just a way of life that is actually good for you and tastes amazing!!!!!

Well I hope you all enjoyed this post, I am going to try and write at least once a day, however I am a college student and we know how life can get some times! Have a wonderful day! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment